Terms & Conditions
The Terms “BBT”, “we” and “our” and “Best Bike Tour” refer to GM Bikes SA, a Switzerland company registered under the CH law, which offers and operates all the trips listed herein. All trips are offered subject to BBT’s standard terms and conditions, which are found in our website. Please review the terms and conditions carefully pro to completing your reservation. Some of these terms and conditions are set out below to draw your attention to the fact that our obligations to you are limited.
Prices, Reservations, payment and cancelling trips
Our prices are in EUR. We charge a single supplement to individual travellers who wish to ensure that they have private rooms throughout a trip.
To reserve your trip a full payment is required.
Once your deposit has been received, we will send you a confirmation invoice and Reservation Form. The Reservation Form must be completed, signed and returned within 10 days of deposit to finalize your trip. This form enables us to secure your bicycle, note dietary restrictions, purchase or decline insurance, and recognize special requests you may have. Travelers who fail to provide a signed Release of Liability prior to trip departure will not be allowed to join the trip and the cancellation policy will apply
If you must cancel your reservation, the fees for doing so are as follows:
Number of days prior to your trip:
|270+||100% Refund of deposit|
|96-269||50% Refund of deposit|
Cancellation By BBT
BBT reserves the right to cancel any trip at any time for any reason determined in our sole discretion, including if there are too few participants, or if the quality of the trip or the safety of travellers is judged by BBT to be compromised. In such a case, refund of payments received by BBT shall constitute full and final settlement. In the event of cancellation, BBT is not responsible for any loss incurred on account of non-refundable or non-transferable air tickets or other unrecoverable travel costs.
Eligibility and preparing for your trip
We require that travellers be at least 18 years of age (at time of travel) on all trips, with the exception of ‘Family’ trips, where age limitations may apply, and travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Our trips entail risks—and rewards—beyond those encountered at home. We count on our travellers to ensure they are healthy and fit; to read our pre-trip materials about clothing, training and medical requirements
Travel Documents and passports
The visa and passport requirements of countries to which we travel vary according to the nationality of each traveller and may change at any time for reasons beyond our control. Although we endeavour to provide you with accurate information about these requirements it remains the responsibility of each traveller to verify that he or she has the appropriate travel documents for his or her nationality. BBT is not liable for any expenses or costs arising from any traveller being prohibited from entering a country scheduled to be visited on a trip.
By paying your deposit and completing your Reservation Forms, you certify your agreement to the following Traveler Code:
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel.
- I will read pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture-specific etiquette.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that BBT will do all it can to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will respect the laws and customs of countries visited.
- I will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members.
- I understand that travel within a group invariably involves compromise to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members. BBT guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion and/or make decisions based upon group consensus. These decisions may not always please each individual, but are intended to satisfy the larger desires of the group.
- I understand that BBT reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the leader feels that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand a road less traveled means access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited.
- I understand the weather is out of BBT’s control.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding.
- I will not wear headphones when riding and I will drink alcohol responsibly.
Before travelling on a trip, we strongly recommend you review your personal insurance and health insurance to ensure you have coverage appropriate to meet your needs, and the needs of your family and dependants, in case of any loss of property or illness, injury or death.
We strongly recommend you purchase insurance to protect yourself from unexpected circumstances that may cause you to cancel your trip. We recommend Allianz Assistance insurance offered by us on our website.
Each season, a handful of clients have to cancel their bike tours at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays or cancellations, illness or injury. For this reason, BBT highly recommends the purchase of travel insurance. Our choice is Allianz Assistance
BBTR adheres strictly to our cancellation policy and we highly recommend purchasing the supplemental coverage provided by Allianz Assistance. The policy has many other benefits, so please review the plan information carefully.
- Cancellation Costs CHF 30,000
- Private Medical CHF 1,000,000
- Search & Rescue Costs CHF 30,000
- Flight Delay CHF 2,000
- Travel Baggage CHF 2,000
- Repeat Trip CHF 30,000
- Private Medical CHF 1,000,000
- Auto Assistance Unlimited
- Air Accident CHF 100,000
- Legal Protection Europe CHF 250,000 / Worldwide CHF 50,000
- CDW CHF 10,000
- Travel Hotline
- Interpreting service
- Home Care
- Credit and customer card barring service
- Mobile phone barring service
- Insured period: 92 days
- Scope: World-wide
- No excess amount
This document contains highlights of the plan. A complete description of the terms, conditions and exclusions of this plan can be viewed at: www.allianz-assistance.ch
Limitations of Liability
BBT is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; collisions with bicycles, pedestrians or automobilies, road conditions including or not limited to lack of shoulder and roadway surfaces affected by weather conditions; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, or other conveyance, or by bicycle, ski, horseback, foot, or other form of active or adventure travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations; and the adequacy of medical attention once provided. BBT is also not liable for: expenses (e.g., meals, transportation, or hotel costs) that are not specified as included in the trip cost but may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. BBT reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to improve the quality of a trip or to accommodate the comfort and well-being of guests. Guests grant BBT express permission to take photographs or film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, without remuneration. The guest agrees to assign all right, title and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to BBT. Also guests agree that BBT may use any testimonials regarding services rendered for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration. BBT photography within this website is copyrighted by BBT and may not be reproduced without permission.